These Are a Few of Nikki's Favorite ThingsFri Nov 2, 2018
This has been the most difficult list to build because there are so many options! Products, foods, workout related things, self care! I tried to incorporate all of these in my choices to give a little insight into my life as an instructor, mom, and nurse.
1. Georgia Grinders slow roasted almond butter with a banana, or a few medjool dates if I’m feeling extra fancy! This nut butter is a game changer. I love all nut butters, but this one specifically is so delicious, packed with healthy fats and protein. It tastes like it’s actually made one small batch at a time with no added sugars and oils, AND is Whole30 approved (if you’re into that sort of thing). It’s my go-to pre class or pre workout snack about an hour before the sweat, or a night time snack - because I can never go to bed without one.
2. Let’s talk matcha- I’ve been drinking it for a few years. I look forward to it every day either before class or midday. If you’re new to the “trend”, it’s finely ground powder made of green tea! The leaves are loaded with antioxidants that help stabilize harmful free radicals in the body, improve mental clarity and alertness, and help fight off many microbial infections. After trying tons of different brands, this one is worth every cent! As a night shift worker, there’s only so much coffee one human can consume in 24 hours. Matcha lattes have been a great addition to my life and health.
Two products that go hand-in-hand in my routine:
3. Conscious Coconut. This stuff is amazing. The oil is cold-pressed, certified fair trade, non-toxic, and this small batch product leaves my skin feeling moisturized AF. This stuff actually works. The best part about the company? Every product feeds a child. THAT sealed the deal for me. This company is committed to raising awareness to childhood hunger in the US. Using a program called Feeding America’s BackPack Program, Conscious Coconut donates one meal to a child in need at home or in school per product sold. Incredible, right? When you shower as much as we do in the fitness community, your skin can get really dry. This stuff is a game changer. Not to mention, coconut oil is basically the answer for just about everything, isn’t it?
4. Angels On Bare Skin. Another company I adore for very similar reasons: Lush. Their fresh handmade products and overall philosophy are incredible. This specific body cleanser is my newest obsession. It was given to me as a gift (thanks Em!) and it’s perfection. Using a blend of cleansing kaolin clay, ground almonds and lavender, rose and chamomile oils, it leaves your skin feeling as smooth as a baby’s butt! I use it every single time I shower after classes - and sometimes that’s multiple times a day! It’s just too good. I’m not a huge scent person, but this stuff is incredible. Anything from Lush is a good choice.
5. Wunder Under Full-On Luxtreme tights from lululemon. I literally feel like I can take on the world when I wear them. My husband doesn’t get it, but any woman that has put on these leggings will probably agree - you feel INCREDIBLE. They fit perfectly in all the right places, the fabric is amazing, and I feel like I never even sweat after class. I’m very selective about my leggings and I’m definitely not one who has tons of extra money to spend weekly on lululemon, but these are 100% worth the investment.